The Hartington Golf Course is one of the premier golf courses in Northeast Nebraska. The 9-hole course features a mixture of tree-lined holes over varying terrain. Features a Club House with bar, food/snacks, and event space. Contact (402) 254-7312 for more information.
The beautiful Felber Park features handicap accessible municipal swimming pool, lighted baseball field, tennis courts, sand volleyball courts, shelter house, barbecue grills, picnic tables, benches, public restrooms, playground equipment, gazebo, fountain, beautiful trees, and flower beds.
East Park features playground equipment, covered picnic table, restrooms.
Carkoski Field, located at the intersection of Broadway and Highway 84, is used as a practice field for school athletes. Also used as a green play space for children and walking track for residents.
The Community Complex spans over 27 acres on the west side of Hartington. Featuring a top-load football stadium, concession area, running track, shot and discus areas, four soccer fields, practice football field, and two baseball fields.
The Hartington City Auditorium features a basketball court. Passes for the auditorium can be purchased at the City office. The auditorium basement has a full kitchen and meeting area. The auditorium stage is also used for Cedar County Theater productions. For rental information, contact the city office (402) 254-6353.
Broadway Lanes features a six-lane bowling alley. Men’s, women’s, and mixed leagues are active here from September to April. Broadway Lanes also features a bar and food service in the basement lounge. Contact Derek Klug at (402) 254-6665.
Women’s volleyball league consist of locally sponsored teams and runs from September through February.
Northeast Nebraska Archery Range is located two miles east of Hartington on Highway 84. The 3D archery course is managed by a non-profit group. Contact Colin Kathol at (402) 254-6987 for more information.
- Cedar County Baseball
- League of Heroes Wrestling
- Little league Football
- Little League Volleyball
- Swim Team
- Girls Softball
- Game Club
The Cedar County Museum, located at 304 West Franklin, houses a collection of Nebraska heritage in two buildings. Call (402) 254-7266 or (402) 254-6523 for more information.
Hartington is home to the Cedar County Fair which is held the 3rd week of July. The Cedar County Fair features five days of family oriented entertainment, 4-H exhibits, music entertainment, food, amusement rides, and more.
The Hartington area features two historic dance halls used for dances, weddings, banquets, and receptions.
- Skylon Ballroom is located in Hartington. Contact Dean Wortmann at (402) 254-3829 for more information.
- Bow Valley Ballroom is located seven miles north of Hartington in Bow Valley. For more information, contact Tom Wiebelhaus at (402) 357-3570.
The Hartington area provides excellent hunting.
- Lewis & Clark State Recreation Area/Gavin’s Point Dam is located 25 minutes from Hartington and provides camping, boating, fishing, and outdoor recreation.
- Chalkrock Lake is located about 15 minutes northwest of Hartington and is great for fishing.
- Ponca State Park is located 40 miles northeast of Hartington.
- Niobrara State Park is located 60 minutes northwest of Hartington.
- Cobblestone Inn & Suites
405 Arens Drive, Hartington, NE 68739 (402) 254-9866
- Hotel Hartington
202 North Broadway, Hartington, NE 68739 (402) 254-9202
- North Crick Lodge
112 North 564 Ave. Bow Valley, NE 68739 (402) 254-3849
- Farm House Inn
56149 Hwy 12, Hartington, NE 68739 (402) 254-3310
- Hartington Heights at Town Square Offices 205 N Broadway Ave., Hartington, NE 68739
- Hartington Campgrounds
- Corner of Broadway & Felber Streets, Hartington, NE (402)254-6353
- Reserve online here or walk up and pay online or at city office.
- Included electric, water, sewer. Dump station on site
- Pad #1 – 54 ft., Pad #2 – 64 ft., Pad #3 – 79 ft., Pad #4 – 94 ft., Pad #5 – 108 ft., Pad #6 – 125 ft.