South Dakota Department of Labor
Cedar County News
City of Hartington
City Clerk/Treasurer Position
Summary of Responsibilities: The City of Hartington City Clerk/Treasurer is an administrative position in municipal government and is responsible for the daily office operations, managing official records, and day-to-day correspondence and financial responsibilities for the City of Hartington.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain office hours for the public and greet public in a courteous, professional manner.
- Maintain records for the City and the Mayor and City Council. Attend all city council meetings, with responsibility for meeting preparations, posting the notices, preparing agendas, assembly of council packets, typing, and publishing the minutes, and keeping record of all city minutes, ordinances and resolutions passed by the Mayor and City Council. Provide assistance with ordinance and resolution preparation.
- Accounting duties – Calculating and posting the water and sewer billings, licensing, liquor licensing, accounts payable and receivable, journal entries, payroll duties, monthly quarterly and yearly reporting, sales tax, assists with budget preparation as well as audit preparation.
- City inquiries and correspondence, customer service and complaints, project research, records retention, scanning of documents,
- E-mail monitoring and response
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- Emergency and/or on-call assistance if needed
Job Type: Full-time 40 hours per week with the exception of evening hours for attendance of City Council or committee meetings. (Generally 2 council meetings per month)
Skills: Excellent communication skills are essential to the continued success of this position, including written, verbal, telephone and computer skills. Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel and Power Manager Software are primary programs used in the office. Attention to detail for grammar, proof reading, and data entry are essential.
Send resume, 3 references, and salary history to City of Hartington, Attention Mayor Becker, PO Box 427, Hartington, NE 68739. Please, no phone calls or walk-ins. City of Hartington is an EOE.