Hartington-Newcastle Public Schools
Hartington-Newcastle Public Schools (HNPS) is a K-12 North Central Accredited (NCA), class III school with approximately 350 students. The NCA designation indicates that HNPS is a student-centered school that is willing to be held to a higher standard than what the state of Nebraska requires for schools. With approximately 39 teachers including art, music, and counselors, HNPS has a teacher to student ratio of 1:9. HNPS has been awarded an Outcomes Accreditation, an even higher standard which allows HNPS to continually monitor progress and implement plans to prepare students for the 21st century. For more information, call the school office at (402) 254-3947.
Holy Trinity Elementary School is an accredited elementary school home to grades K-6. Holy Trinity has an enrollment of 188 students and a staff of 14. The mission of Holy Trinity is to form a community of faith and learning by promoting a Catholic way of life through gospel values and academic excellence. For more information, call the school office at (402) 254-6496.
Hartington Cedar Catholic
The Cedar Catholic High School System includes grades 7-12. The certified staff of the school includes one principal and twenty-four faculty members. The faculty includes four priests who teach religion classes on a part-time basis. The enrollment of the school includes 181 high school students and 91 junior high students for a total enrollment of 272 students. The Cedar Catholic system is accredited by the Nebraska State Department of Education. For activity participation purposes the school is classified as C-1 by the Nebraska School Activities Association. The mission of Hartington Cedar Catholic High School is to form a community of faith and learning by promoting a Catholic way of life through gospel values and academic excellence. For more information, call the school office at (402) 254-3906.
- Cooperative Extension Office - Hartington, Nebraska.
The University of Nebraska has a Cooperative Extension Office located in Hartington staffed with two full-time extension educators. The office in Hartington has Internet access and a classroom equipped with a satellite system. For more information, contact Jane Armstrong, Extension Educator, (402) 254-6821, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lifelong Learning Center - at Norfolk, Nebraska, 48 miles south of
Northeast and North Central Nebraskans have significant needs for broad based education and information services due to geographical location. The Lifelong Learning Center will be a clearing house for regional education offerings and will provide unlimited learning opportunities--especially for place-bound, time-bound, nontraditional learners. Through telecommunication delivery methods, small numbers of learners can be served by simultaneous interactive communication to remote locations, thus producing a cost-effective critical mass. For more information, contact Joe Fergussen at Northeast Community College, (402) 644-0601.
- Northeast Community College - Norfolk, Nebraska, 48 miles south of
- University of Nebraska @ Lincoln - Lincoln, Nebraska, 155 miles south of Hartington.
- University of Nebraska @ Omaha - Omaha, Nebraska, 133 miles southeast of Hartington.
- Wayne State College - Wayne, Nebraska, 36 miles south of Hartington.
- Briar Cliff - Sioux City, Iowa, 55 miles northeast of Hartington.
- Morningside - Sioux City, Iowa, 55 miles northeast of Hartington.
- Western Iowa Technical Community College - Sioux City, Iowa, 55 miles northeast of Hartington.
- Augustana - Sioux Falls, South Dakota, 115 miles north of Hartington.
- Mount Marty - Yankton, South Dakota, 25 miles north of Hartington.
- South Dakota State University - Brooking, South Dakota, 172 miles north of Hartington.
- University of South Dakota - Vermillion, South Dakota, 55 miles northeast of Hartington.
City of Hartington
107 West State Street
Hartington, NE 68739